Topic: Getting phase information from images
Replies: 1   Last Post: Oct 11, 2013 11:12 PM

Nasser Abbasi

Re: Getting phase information from images

On 10/11/2013 10:07 PM, Jack wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Quick, and perhaps silly, question: how do I get complex information from an image?
>
> Images in .png and .bmp, in uint and RGB,- give zeros when i take the imag(log(abs(fft2(image)))).
>
> Thanks for your time,
> Jack

When you take abs() of something, by definition, you get no
complex anything. After all, abs() is magnitude of a complex number?

If you want to plot the magnitude and phase of an image (i.e. the
spectrum of an image) example 67 here shows how:

http://12000.org/my_notes/mma_matlab_control/KERNEL/index.htm

if you are trying to do something else, then you need to be
more clear

--Nasser