Topic: Convert uint16 to continuous values
Replies: 6   Last Post: Oct 12, 2013 1:22 PM

David Quilligan

Re: Convert uint16 to continuous values

dpb <none@non.net> wrote in message <l3bieb$s1j$1@speranza.aioe.org>...
> On 10/12/2013 7:45 AM, David Quilligan wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I have logged timestamps from an ADC which are in unit16 format, i.e.
> > the count resets to zero after 65536. How can I easily convert these
> > values into continuous values (i.e. does not return to zero after 65536.
> > This is easy if the ADC only resets to zero once during my application
> > (just add 65336 to each value). However my application does not always
> > run for the same length of time and the count resets to zero many many
> > times during it.

> If you have Signal Processing Toolbox,
>
> doc unwrap
>
> If not, just look for the large negative jumps in succession and then
> add 64k from each to the end in succession--when done you've unwrapped
> the whole thing...
>
> Or, of course, you can return the full vector and build a sectional
> vector of n*64k and add it all at once.
>
> --

Could you explain how I would add 64k in succession? I am able to add 64k to my first block. However the second block would require 64k by 2, the 3rd 64k by 3 and so on. And I'm having difficulty finding an easy method to this. Sorry my Matlab experience is very limited.