Topic: Solve a Second Order ODE with ONE Integrator?
Replies: 2   Last Post: Oct 14, 2013 3:17 AM

Nasser Abbasi

Re: Solve a Second Order ODE with ONE Integrator?

On 10/13/2013 10:00 PM, Benjamin wrote:
> Is it possible to solve a second order ODE using just ONE integrator
>block in Simulink? I cannot seem to figure it out? I've done it
>with two, but I want to solve it using one. Thanks for any help.

I do not use simulink much. But it seems to me that one needs
to integrate a second order ODE two times to get the original
function. At least in math that is the case. So I do not think
you can do it with one integrator. Can't you make your own block
which contains the two integrators needed and use that instead?