Topic: (infinity) A real story
Replies: 9   Last Post: Oct 17, 2013 6:56 AM

From: London
Registered: 2/8/08
Re: (infinity) A real story

"fom" <fomJUNK@nyms.net> wrote in message
> On 10/16/2013 1:03 AM, Albrecht wrote:
> That is a humorous statement.

> So, are you defending constructivism?

Is he? Which constructions has he ever provided?

> The arguments generally appear that way.

Ah, then I get it, just not an acquaintance of mine, one more.

> You are correct concerning the necessity of infinity.

But, is he? "Actual infinity" is logically necessary, Zeno docet. And
quite reasonable too, just levels of abstraction.

> But, so long as there is no contradiction, why would you
> restrict mathematicians from exploring the possible?

There is not a line between the possible and the conceived, hence no
restriction really: the domain of mathematics is defined by what
mathematicians do, and the range of mathematics spans all levels of

> And, let me note that "minimal" is not a synonym for "necessary".

I concur! :)

> Have a good day.

And, for now, you have a good night.