Topic: seeking value of limit (suspect zero)
Replies: 16   Last Post: Oct 22, 2013 10:58 AM

Re: seeking value of limit (suspect zero)

On Sunday, October 20, 2013 2:44:47 PM UTC-7, namenob...@gmail.com wrote:
> i'm trying to find the limit of
> [ (1-A^2)^(1/2) - (1-B^2)^(1/2) ] / abs(A-B)
> as A approaches B, but here's the catch: A,B are not scalars but vectors with magnitude smaller than 1 (ie: A^2 and B^2 refer to dot product). can anybody help me unravel this? thanks if you can help
> peace
> stm

What does the notation abs(A-B) mean for vectors A and B? Presumably, it is some sort of scalar, and I can think of several possible things it could be. You need to spell it out.