Topic: Holy Logic: Computer Scientists 'Prove' God Exists
Replies: 1   Last Post: Oct 24, 2013 9:30 PM

Wizard-Of-Oz

Re: Holy Logic: Computer Scientists 'Prove' God Exists

usenet@mantra.com and/or www.mantra.com/jai (Dr. Jai Maharaj) wrote in

> Holy Logic: Computer Scientists 'Prove' God Exists
>
> By David Knight
> Spiegel Online
> spiegel.de
> October 23, 2013
>
> Austrian mathematician Kurt Gödel kept his proof of God's
> existence a secret for decades. Now two scientists say
> they have proven it mathematically using a computer.

It isn't a valid proof of there being a god, of course.

I can't see how a computer would be required, though I guess if one
enumerated all the combinations of types properties etc, then a computer
could help in that. But it doesn't seem all that interesting.

Of course, popular articles such as that don't usually give the full
picture. Perhaps there is something interesting in some software engine
for processing encoded logical statements. Automating logical proofs has
been around for a long time, however.