Topic: How quickly interest for a topic develops?
Replies: 2   Last Post: Oct 27, 2013 10:01 PM

ross.finlayson@gmail.com

Re: How quickly interest for a topic develops?

On Sunday, October 27, 2013 3:55:56 PM UTC-7, Victor Porton wrote:
> How quickly interest for a topic develops
>

> from "author only"
>
> to "common as a university course"?
>

> Is it an exponential grow?
>

> What I can expect from the math world about advancing interest to my
>
> research?
>

> Here is my research in general topology (including a book preprint):
>

> http://www.mathematics21.org/algebraic-general-topology.html
>

> As for now, it seems that nobody (except of myself) writes a continuation of
>
> my research. The situation is complicated by the fact that I am an amateur
>
> mathematician (don't posses an official degree).
>

> Can I expect that it will become well known soon?
>

> Are math prizes essential in this process?

From "A short explanation what Algebraic General Topology
and Math Synthesis are".

"Algebraic General Topology is about how to act with
abstract topological objects expressing infinities with
algebraic operations."

partially formally unifies math analysis and
discrete mathematics
analysis of non-continuous functions

"We now we can get rid of math analysis as now it becomes
synthesis, I would say. So I call AGT applied to study of
such things as continuity, limits, and differentials
Mathematical Synthesis."
multivalued functions are now so simple to study
as single valued
simplicity of operating with infinities, as
infinities now can be comprehended as something "whole",
not a mess of parts

Porton, I'm sure your explanation on these matters here
would be appreciated. There's definitely interest for
these topics, as you can establish useful functional
results courtesy their constructions, I'm for example not
completely disinterested, funcoids and reloids in
algebraic general topology isn't non-sensical, I don't
know any critiques of it.

For the stated claims about this system here about the
multivalued or infinity and continuous and discrete,
that's of general interest: what here is your opinion of
what is notable in the AGT that gives it these features?
Are there are particular fundamental results that
establish so much there in the algebraic general topology.
Are there any other known names for these things then as
you call them?

"Are math prizes essential in this process?" - I imagine
they are.

Regards, Ross Finlayson