Topic: Mathematica and MacOSX 10.9 Mavericks
Replies: 16   Last Post: Oct 30, 2013 11:35 PM

George Woodrow III

Re: Mathematica and MacOSX 10.9 Mavericks

There is a discussion of this in the Wolfram community:

http://community.wolfram.com/groups/-/m/t/142591;jsessionid=5842CE3CB727D3DC4FB1276AB3546159.wlp3?p_p_auth=B98a1rbq

For my own experience, I upgraded two computers without issue, a 2012 27 inch iMac and a 2011 11 inch MacBook Air.

The installation of 10.9 removes Java, so when you first start Mathematica, the OS prompts you to let it find and install Java for you. Once you do this, everything should be fine.

Judging from the comments on the community discussion, you might want to launch Mathematica with an uncluttered desktop so that you can see the dialog box about installing Java.

george