Topic: weak LP relaxation: Gentle intro for the street person?
Replies: 9   Last Post: Oct 31, 2013 4:37 PM

RGVickson@shaw.ca

Re: weak LP relaxation: Gentle intro for the street person?

For example,look at http://mcise.uri.edu/sodhi/documents/ipassignments.PDF , which is very elementary and very example-oriented. The little document in http://people.brunel.ac.uk/~mastjjb/jeb/or/lprelax.html gives a bit of an introduction, but probably does not have nearly enough material. The document in http://sma.epfl.ch/~eisenbra/OptInFinance/Slides/Dec-2.pdf goes through an example in gory detail, all at an elementary level. The slides in http://www.cs.uiuc.edu/class/sp08/cs473/Lectures/lec23.pdf go through a simple vertex cover example in great detail at a pretty introductory level. I could go on and on, but as I said (and I meant) Google is your friend.