Topic: Guy McPherson-"How Do We Act in the Face of Climate Chaos?"
Replies: 2   Last Post: Oct 31, 2013 12:00 AM

Tom Potter

Re: Guy McPherson-"How Do We Act in the Face of Climate Chaos?"

"Sam Wormley" <swormley1@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Guy McPherson-"How Do We Act in the Face of Climate Chaos?"
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEGlYXumguI#t=17
>
>> Published on Oct 20, 2013
>> The rate of climate change clearly has gone beyond linear..

What mechanism[s] cause[s]
the relationship between a cause and an effect
to go from linear to exponential?

It would be useful
to use this mechanism
to modify many relationships.

Positive feedback can be used to do this,
but at some point, the cause/effect relationship breaks down,
and the system just oscillates.

--
Tom Potter