Topic: Potter's electro-magnetic universal distance per mass constant.
Replies: 7   Last Post: Nov 4, 2013 12:44 AM

Tom Potter

Re: Potter's electro-magnetic universal distance per mass constant.

"hanson" <hanson@quick.net> wrote in message
> Potter, old chum, listen:
> While your tripe below, attempting to rewrite the
> framework of pedagogic physics is admirable,
> its real and only value is in the personal way as
> of how YOU perceive some of nature's aspects
> & properties to be. That is all and no more.

> Your tripe joins millions of such like schemes that
> were/are and will be published, posted & blogged
> by other folks, all of whom believe to have a "eureka".
>
> But NONE of then, incl. yours will have any impact
> onto the educational system or onto current R&D.

> Has it been too long, since you left academia
> that you can't remember that every physic lecturer
> there publishes his own physics book, and does
> demand that every one of his students buys it
> at an exorbitant price?... If a student would turn in
> test results & use YOUR tripe below instead of his,
> the Prof. will give the poor kid a failing grade.

> Like it or not, Potter, Physics is a social enterprise.
> In it, as can bee seen, only the brightest are allowed
> to do physics and "play" and do R&D. The rest of the
> folks are relegated to work accoring to "specifications".

> So much for the "morality" of folks, which you constantly
> harp upon. But carry on, Tom. I like your tripe.Take care,
> and thanks for the laughs... ahahahahanson

> "Tom Potter" <tdp1001@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> This article makes rigorous definitions of Planck's constant and the fine
>> structure constant and suggests that they are not in fact constants.
>>
>> Let us consider a system composed of one electron and one proton.
>>
>> 1. Let M(P) = the mass of the proton.
>> 2. Let M(E) the mass of the electron.
>> 3. Let c = a universal distance per time constant. ( The speed of
>> light. )
>>
>> 4. Two bodies interact about a common point in a common time.
>> The common point is the center of mass of the system
>> and the common time is the period of the system.
>>
>> Let T(c) = the common period divided by 2 times pi
>> = L(c) / c
>>
>> where L(c) is the distance light travels during one radian of
>> interaction of the electron-proton system.
>>
>> 5. Let K = Potter's electro-magnetic universal distance per mass
>> constant.
>> K = 1.0585382 x 10^13 meters per kilogram for E-M interactions.
>>
>> 6. Then the fine structure(E) = ( M(P) * K / L(c) ) ^1/3
>> and fine structure(E)^0 * L(c) = 1 / ( 2 * Rydberg constant )
>> and fine structure(E)^1 * L(c) = 2 * pi * Bohr Radius
>> and fine structure(E)^2 * L(c) = compton's wavelength
>> and fine structure(E)^3 * L(c) = 2 * pi * classical electron radius
>> = M(P) * K
>>
>> As interactions are symmetrical about the common center of mass, we can
>> define a fine structure constant for the **proton** and obtain the
>> following
>> equations:
>>
>> fine structure(P) = ( M(E) * K / L(c) ) ^1/3
>> fine structure(P)^0 * L(c) = 1 / ( 2 * Rydberg constant )
>> fine structure(P)^1 * L(c) = 2 * pi * Bohr Radius(proton)
> [...]

As can be seen from the fact
that I kept everyone's favorite CONSTANTS in my article,

some folks MIGHT find that
"Potter's electro-magnetic universal distance per mass constant"
provides a better understanding
of their favorite constants and observable properties.

As you imply,
the map is not the territory,

and models are NOT causes,
but are just approximations to reality,

and folks should use the model that allows them to
do what they want to do in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

--
Tom Potter