Topic: scatterm plot with large data set fragmented memory
Replies: 2   Last Post: Nov 4, 2013 9:47 AM

Jonathan W Smith

Re: scatterm plot with large data set fragmented memory

"Steven Lord" <Steven_Lord@mathworks.com> wrote in message <l58as7$o03$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> "Jonathan W Smith" <jwsmith9@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Good morning: The code below plots but terminates the entire MATLAB
> > program mid-way through plotting. I think its likely insufficient memory
> > because of fragmented memory use. Are there any suggestions on how to have
> > this a have an entire graph plot while conserving memory. Thanks.

> Impossible to say without knowing more information. What is a typical value
> for sounder_files? How many points do typical .nc files have? How many times
> does SCATTERM get called? What is your screen resolution and how does that
> compare to the typical number of points? (If you're trying to plot a million
> points on a screen with a million pixels, that's going to be extremely
> difficult to interpret and I'd recommend plotting only a "representative
> sample" of your points.)
>
> *snip*
>
> --
> Steve Lord
> slord@mathworks.com
> http://www.mathworks.com

There are 2600 sounder files. In the script the are parsed into descending and then ascending. There are about 1300 descending files and 13 ascending. I am plotting the 1300 descending. Scatterm is called once to plot all 1300 files.

Jonathan