Topic: Infinity and Theology (26)
Replies: 4   Last Post: Nov 8, 2013 8:09 PM

Re: Infinity and Theology (26)

On 11/8/2013 2:21 PM, Virgil wrote:
> In article <68ce41d6-a6d5-4b0d-a8ac-81190d2d5d1e@googlegroups.com>,
> mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de wrote:

>> From the catholic point of view we have to be happy that you got rid of Prof.
>> Riehl [...] and one can only wish that he will not be replaced by a
>> like-minded person. Because this sort of men is able to cause much damage, as
>> you have experienced with Riehl over many years. [...] The theologians of
>> Kiel may convince themselves what they have got and may look how they can
>> live with him. Further we cannot know whether divine Providence places just
>> such radical in Protestant universities in order to accelerate the
>> undermining and decay of Protestantism. Would we be interested to hinder
>> that? Not at all!
>> [...] The government of the grand duke of Baden should be informed in a
>> private way (by your friend, the member of parliament) of the fact that a
>> pupil and friend of Prof. Riehl (D. Foerster) has been sentenced because
>> of lèse-majesté. This should be a reason to meet the candidate recommended
>> by Prof. Riehl with greatest suspiciousness. In the senate it may be
>> preferable not to touch this point.
>> [Cantor to Prof. Dr. F.X. Heiner, Reverend Father, 31 Dec. 1895]
>> Regards, WM

> WM seems more interested in religious history that in mathematics.
> Pehaps he should better be posting to alt.theism.

In some ways, who could blame him?

Kronecker had "followers". Weierstrass had
"followers". Hilbert had "followers". The
list goes on to this day. I am almost certain
that Woodin has "followers". Shelah has made
a few remarks about the standpoint of the California

The problem with WM is that he is not an equal
opportunity critic. With him, it is a one pony