Topic: basic question on Rubi 4.2 output from Int[] command
Replies: 3   Last Post: Nov 14, 2013 7:04 PM

Albert D. Rich

From: Hawaii Island
Registered: 5/30/09
Re: basic question on Rubi 4.2 output from Int[] command

On Thursday, November 14, 2013 10:11:17 AM UTC-10, clicl...@freenet.de wrote:

> PS: I have seen your "piecewise constants" called "differential
> constants" by WRI's Daniel Lichtblau, but the former term is much much
> more popular according to Google.

I am glad to learn "piecewise constants" is a commonly used term. But what I really want to know is the accepted name for this powerful, but little-known, integration technique. It should rank up there with "integration by parts" and "integration by substitution"...

Albert