Topic: Help with Manipulate
Replies: 2   Last Post: Nov 25, 2013 11:30 PM

emammendes@gmail.com

Re: Help with Manipulate

Hello

Thank you.

Cheers

Ed

On Nov 25, 2013, at 6:25 AM, Itai Seggev <itais@wolfram.com> wrote:

> Button wants a function in the second argument, which is the function to be
> applied to its contents when pressed. This code creates a "pure function"
> (look at ref/Function in the documentation center) which ignores the button
> contents but assign the value of generate to z.
>
> On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 06:40:37AM -0500, Eduardo M. A. M. Mendes wrote:

>> Hello
>>
>> Many many thanks.
>>
>> I went through the code you sent me to see if I can understand it. There is one piece that I don't understand. Here is it
>>

>>> (z = generate[\[Lambda], n]) &
>>
>> Why do I need &?
>>
>> Thanks again.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Ed
>>

>> On Nov 14, 2013, at 8:39 AM, Waclaw Kusnierczyk <waku@idi.ntnu.no> wrote:
>>

>>> Will this solve your problem:
>>>
>>> With[{generate =
>>> RandomVariate[Quiet@ExponentialDistribution[#1], #2 - 1] &},
>>> Module[{z},
>>> Manipulate[
>>> z = generate[\[Lambda], n];
>>> n/Total[z],

Times",18,Bold],"",Delimiter,{{z,Flatten[{0,RandomVariate[Quiet@ExponentialDistribution[\[Lambda]],n-1]}]},Button["random",z=Flatten[{0,RandomVariate[Quiet@ExponentialDistribution[\[Lambda]],n-1]}]]&,Appearance->"Labeled"},"",Delimiter,{{\[Lambda],2,"\[Lambda]"},1,100,1,Appearance->"Labeled"},"",Delimiter,{{n,10000,"n"},1,1000000,1000,Appearance->"Labeled"},SaveDefinitions->True]