Topic: Integrating a Matrix
Replies: 6   Last Post: Nov 29, 2013 3:48 AM

Murray Eisenberg

Re: Integrating a Matrix

Perhaps something like the following (very simple example)?

mat = Table[f[i, j][x], {i, 1, 3}, {j, 1, 3}]
Partition[(NIntegrate[#, {x, 0, 1}] &) /@ Flatten[mat], 3]

On Nov 27, 2013, at 1:24 AM, David Barnes <barnes@pullman.com> wrote:

> I have a 3X3 matrix of functions fij[x], for i,j = 1,2,3, and I want to NIntegrate all nine elements over 0<x<1 to get a matrix of constants. Is there an easy way to do this other that doing 9 individual NIntegration's?

---
Murray Eisenberg
murray@math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.