Topic: zero sets of infinitely differentiable functions
Replies: 31   Last Post: Dec 9, 2013 4:14 PM

David C. Ullrich

Re: zero sets of infinitely differentiable functions

On Sat, 07 Dec 2013 13:16:19 -0500, quasi <quasi@null.set> wrote:

>dullrich wrote:
>>quasi wrote:

>>I suspect the answer is yes, but nothing springs to
>>mind for a proof.

>I have a proof in mind, but it's tricky.

THe answer is no. Let P = {0,1} and
Q = [0,1]. If f = 0 on P and f' = 0 on
Q then f = 0 on all of [0,1].

>I'll outline it if requested.
>
>quasi

Date Subject Author
12/3/13
Read zero sets of infinitely differentiable functions
quasi
12/3/13
Read Re: zero sets of infinitely differentiable functions
Virgil
12/3/13
Read Re: zero sets of infinitely differentiable functions
quasi
12/3/13
Read Re: zero sets of infinitely differentiable functions
quasi
12/3/13
Read Re: zero sets of infinitely differentiable functions
quasi
12/3/13
Read Re: zero sets of infinitely differentiable functions
quasi
12/3/13
Read Re: zero sets of infinitely differentiable functions
quasi
12/9/13
Read Re: zero sets of infinitely differentiable functions
quasi
12/3/13
Read Re: zero sets of infinitely differentiable functions
David C. Ullrich
12/3/13
Read Re: zero sets of infinitely differentiable functions
quasi
12/4/13
Read Re: zero sets of infinitely differentiable functions
quasi
12/6/13
Read Re: zero sets of infinitely differentiable functions
David C. Ullrich
12/6/13
Read Re: zero sets of infinitely differentiable functions
quasi
12/6/13
Read Re: zero sets of infinitely differentiable functions
quasi
12/6/13
Read Re: zero sets of infinitely differentiable functions
quasi
12/7/13
Read Re: zero sets of infinitely differentiable functions
quasi
12/7/13
Read Re: zero sets of infinitely differentiable functions
David C. Ullrich
12/7/13
Read Re: zero sets of infinitely differentiable functions
quasi
12/8/13