Topic: zero sets of infinitely differentiable functions
Replies: 31   Last Post: Dec 9, 2013 4:14 PM

David C. Ullrich

Re: zero sets of infinitely differentiable functions

On Sun, 08 Dec 2013 15:11:22 -0500, quasi <quasi@null.set> wrote:

>dullrich wrote:
>>quasi wrote:

>>>I have a proof in mind, but it's tricky.

>>The answer is no. Let P = {0,1} and Q = [0,1].

>The problem requires both P,Q to be nowhere dense.

Aargh. Sorry...

>>If f = 0 on P and f' = 0 on Q then f = 0 on all of [0,1].
>
>Thus, it's not a counterexample.
>

>>>I'll outline it if requested.
>
>quasi

Date Subject Author
12/3/13
Read zero sets of infinitely differentiable functions
quasi
12/3/13
Read Re: zero sets of infinitely differentiable functions
Virgil
12/3/13
Read Re: zero sets of infinitely differentiable functions
quasi
12/3/13
Read Re: zero sets of infinitely differentiable functions
quasi
12/3/13
Read Re: zero sets of infinitely differentiable functions
quasi
12/3/13
Read Re: zero sets of infinitely differentiable functions
quasi
12/3/13
Read Re: zero sets of infinitely differentiable functions
quasi
12/9/13
Read Re: zero sets of infinitely differentiable functions
quasi
12/3/13
Read Re: zero sets of infinitely differentiable functions
David C. Ullrich
12/3/13
Read Re: zero sets of infinitely differentiable functions
quasi
12/4/13
Read Re: zero sets of infinitely differentiable functions
quasi
12/6/13
Read Re: zero sets of infinitely differentiable functions
David C. Ullrich
12/6/13
Read Re: zero sets of infinitely differentiable functions
quasi
12/6/13
Read Re: zero sets of infinitely differentiable functions
quasi
12/6/13
Read Re: zero sets of infinitely differentiable functions
quasi
12/7/13
Read Re: zero sets of infinitely differentiable functions
quasi
12/7/13
Read Re: zero sets of infinitely differentiable functions
David C. Ullrich
12/7/13
Read Re: zero sets of infinitely differentiable functions
quasi
12/8/13