Topic: Domain of function
Replies: 6   Last Post: Dec 22, 2013 11:32 AM

Nikola Kal

Re: Domain of function

TideMan <mulgor@gmail.com> wrote in message <a04d6161-9eb6-494d-b35e-e11650d77752@googlegroups.com>...
> On Tuesday, December 17, 2013 3:40:18 PM UTC+13, Nikola Kal wrote:
> > First of all sorry because of my bad English :)
> >

> > How can i get domain of function?
> >
> > For example domain of function sqrt(x-3) is x>=3
> >
> > Or domain of function log(x-1) is x>1 etc.
> >
> > Thank you for all help...

> Matlab is quite happy evaluating log(-1) or sqrt(-3) or even log(-inf).
> So, the domain for these functions is infinite.
>
> So I guess what you mean is, you want the REAL domain?

Yes, i'm looking for real domain.
There are examples:
1.domain of function sqrt(x-3) is x>=3
2.domain of function log(x-1) is x>1
3.domain of function asin(x+1) is -1<=x+1<=1
4.domain of function acos(3*x+1) is -1<=3*x+1<=1, etc.
So, if you understand can you help me?
Big thanks in advance.