Topic: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Replies: 76   Last Post: Dec 28, 2013 7:39 PM

JT

Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences

Den söndagen den 22:e december 2013 kl. 06:03:35 UTC+1 skrev wpih...@gmail.com:
> On Sunday, December 22, 2013 12:51:57 AM UTC-4, jonas.t...@gmail.com wrote:
>

> > But if we use a bijective base ten a number like 9A, .999A , 9999A, 99999999A all equals 1 however .999... will not in a bijective base.
>

> You are ignoring the slight currant taste of a non-abelian base.

Now i Think you are talking far over my head, but what do you mean by non-abelian base, i tried to look it up but i couldn't find it.

Well i've been aware since middle school that there is something seriously twisted with the interpretation of fractions using our decimal number system.

And at one point i tried to come up with zerofree numbersystems to overcome the stacking effect of zeros.

Is it the general property of a bijective base 10 system to let 1 be equal to .9A and .99A and .999999999999999A and so on.

Or is it just something i conjectured?

What does

Date Subject Author
12/20/13
Read Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
William Hughes
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
William Hughes
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
William Hughes
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Virgil
12/20/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Virgil
12/21/13
[...]
12/22/13
[...]
Tucsondrew@me.com
12/22/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/22/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Tucsondrew@me.com
12/23/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Ralf Bader
12/22/13
[...]
12/27/13
[...]
12/28/13
[...]
Pfsszxt@aol.com
12/22/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
12/27/13
Read Re: Matheology sqrt(-2): WM admits to unlistability of 0/1 sequences
Neto Henderson Tangent