Topic: solving a sparse linear system of equations in Matlab
Replies: 2   Last Post: Dec 21, 2013 10:27 AM

Alex

Re: solving a sparse linear system of equations in Matlab

"Sam" wrote in message <l93c0h$5aq$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for the fastest possible way to solve the system A x = b; in which x and b are vectors (typically 2048*1) and A is a sparse square matrix with non-zero elements concentrated close to diagonal (perhaps banded penta-diagonal matrix). Right now, I'm just using x = A\b; but I wonder would I get a faster way to solve this system if I do it manually? Any suggestions are very much appreciated.
>
> Sam

Hello,

If you want to resolve manually Ax=b, there are some methods presented in this book Numerical Methods in Engineering with MATLAB - Jaan Kiusalaas.