Topic: Is numerical modeling essential for functional analysis?
Replies: 9   Last Post: Dec 26, 2013 1:54 AM

Roland Franzius

Re: Is numerical modeling essential for functional analysis?

Am 24.12.2013 22:24, schrieb David Bernier:

> At that time, it was very abstract mathematics for me, as we can't
> see the "vectors" in infinite-dimensional spaces, can we? :)

We can hear them as sounds,see them as coulours, count them as binary
signals on computer buses.

Its the abstract world of extremely wild but locally Lebesgue-
integrable functions, the norms constructed with those integrals, the
function classes defined by norm distance zero and the linear forms and
linear operators acting on them as coordinate projections in Fourier
series and integrals on free bases and as linear maps representing the
physical and technical systems generating, working and registering
signals of every kind.

--

Roland Franzius