Do you work on industrial projects (possibly Ada-related) where reliable software is important? Do you know people working on such projects? Then this call for industrial presentations is targeted to you!
Many projects could report a lot of valuable experience: sharing it with others benefits the whole community and provides useful feedback to the project.
I invite you to check out the appended call, and to try getting a 1-page presentation overview submitted by January 19th at the latest, i.e. in 3 weeks from now.
Looking forward to receive many interesting proposals.
General Information ------------------- The 19th International Conference on Reliable Software Technologies - Ada-Europe 2014 will take place in Paris, France. As per its traditional style, the conference will span a full week, including, from Tuesday to Thursday, three days of parallel scientific, technical and industrial programs, along with tutorials and workshops on Monday and Friday.
Call for Industrial Presentations --------------------------------- In addition to the usual Call for Papers, the conference also seeks industrial presentations which deliver value and insight but may not fit the selection process for regular papers.
Schedule -------- 19 January 2014: Submission of industrial presentation proposals 16 February 2014: Notification of acceptance to all authors 18 May 2014: Industrial presentation material required
Submission of Presentations --------------------------- Authors of industrial presentations are invited to submit a presentation outline of exactly 1 page in length by January 19, 2014. Submissions shall be made via EasyChair following the relevant link on the conference web site. The Industrial Committee will review the submissions and make the selection.
The authors of selected presentations shall prepare a final short abstract and submit it by May 18, 2014, aiming at a 20-minute talk. The authors of accepted presentations will be invited to submit corresponding articles for publication in the Ada User Journal, which will host the proceedings of the Industrial Program of the Conference. For any further information please contact the Industrial Chair directly.
Awards ------ In addition to the award for best regular paper, Ada-Europe will also offer an honorary award for the best presentation, considering both regular and industrial presentations.
Call for Exhibitors ------------------- The commercial exhibition will span the three days of the main conference. Vendors and providers of software products and services should contact the Exhibition Chair for information and for allowing suitable planning of the exhibition space and time.
Conferences Topics ------------------ The conference has over the years become a leading international forum for providers, practitioners and researchers in reliable software technologies. The conference presentations will illustrate current work in the theory and practice of the design, development and maintenance of long-lived, high-quality software systems for a challenging variety of application domains. The program will allow ample time for keynotes, Q&A sessions and discussions, and social events. Participants include practitioners and researchers representing industry, academia and government organizations active in the promotion and development of reliable software technologies.
Topics of interest to this edition of the conference include but are not limited to:
- Multicore and Manycore Programming: Predictable Programming Approaches for Multicore and Manycore Systems, Parallel Programming Models, Scheduling Analysis Techniques.
- Real-Time and Embedded Systems: Real-Time Scheduling, Design Methods and Techniques, Architecture Modelling, HW/SW Co-Design, Reliability and Performance Analysis.
- Theory and Practice of High-Integrity Systems: Challenges from Mixed-Criticality Systems; Medium to Large-Scale Distribution, Fault Tolerance, Security, Reliability, Trust and Safety, Languages Vulnerabilities.
- Methods and Techniques for Software Development and Maintenance: Requirements Engineering, Model-driven Architecture and Engineering, Formal Methods, Re-engineering and Reverse Engineering, Reuse, Software Management Issues.
- Enabling Technologies: Compilers, Support Tools (Analysis, Code/Document Generation, Profiling), Run-time Systems and Libraries.
- Software Quality: Quality Management and Assurance, Risk Analysis, Program Analysis, Verification, Validation, Testing of Software Systems.
- Mainstream and Emerging Applications: Manufacturing, Robotics, Avionics, Space, Health Care, Transportation, Cloud Environments, Smart Energy systems, Serious Games, etc.
- Experience Reports in Reliable System Development: Case Studies and Comparative Assessments, Management Approaches, Qualitative and Quantitative Metrics.
- Experiences with Ada and its Future: Reviews of the Ada 2012 new language features, implementation and use issues, positioning in the market and in the software engineering curriculum, lessons learned on Ada Education and Training Activities with bearing on any of the conference topics.
Industrial Committee -------------------- Jacob Sparre Andersen, JSA Consulting, Denmark Roger Brandt, Roger Brandt IT Konsult AB, Sweden Ian Broster, Rapita Systems, UK Jørgen Bundgaard, Rambøll, Denmark Dirk Craeynest, Ada-Belgium & KU Leuven, Belgium Peter Dencker, ETAS, Germany Ismael Lafoz, Airbus, Spain Maria del Carmen Lomba Sorrondegui, GMV, Spain Ahlan Marriott, White Elephant, Switzerland Robin Messer, Altran-Praxis, UK Quentin Ochem, AdaCore, France Steen Palm, Terma, Denmark Paolo Panaroni, Intecs, Italy Paul Parkinson, Wind River, UK Ana Rodriguez, Silver-Atena, Spain Jean-Pierre Rosen, Adalog, France Alok Srivastava, TASC, USA Claus Stellwag, Elektrobit, Germany Jean-Loup Terraillon, European Space Agency, Netherlands Rod White, MBDA, UK
Conference Organization ----------------------- General Chair Jean-Pierre Rosen, Adalog firstname.lastname@example.org
Program co-Chairs Laurent George, LIGM/UPEMLV - ECE Paris email@example.com Tullio Vardanega, University of Padova firstname.lastname@example.org