Topic: A canonical form for small ordinals
Replies: 12   Last Post: Jan 19, 2014 2:35 PM

Paul

Re: A canonical form for small ordinals

On Saturday, January 18, 2014 11:48:13 PM UTC, Ross A. Finlayson wrote:

> William, Elliott, quasi, or Dr. Quasi or whatever it is these days,
>
> please explain what you see as the significance of the result you
>
> have proven.

Ross,

I think the answer to that question is rather obvious. It occurred as an unproved assertion in a paper I was reading. I requested help in understanding why this was true and others on the thread (including quasi and William Elliot but others made useful comments, too) made contributions with the (successful) aim of helping me understand what I was reading.

Paul Epstein