Topic: Integrated Algebra and Calculators?
Replies: 11   Last Post: Jan 31, 2014 4:08 PM

Morse, Dana

Re: Integrated Algebra and Calculators?

To be an acceptable Graphing Calculator for NYS Math Regents exams it must adhere to the following rules:

No communication between devices
Memory and Programs must be disabled or reset
No symbolic manipulation meaning if you try sq rt 8 and it gives you 2 rad 2 it would not be acceptable.

It isn't fair to students to take the course with one device and have the rug pulled out from under them with another.

Hope this helps.

Mr. Dana F. Morse
Partnership Development Consultant
New York and Pennsylvania