The Math Forum

Topic: Eigensystem ignoring assumptions
Replies: 3   Last Post: Feb 1, 2014 12:51 AM

Matthias Bode

Re: Eigensystem ignoring assumptions

Hola,

"references to the documentation":

"$Assumptions is the default setting for the Assumptions option used in such functions as Simplify, Refine, and Integrate."

"Assumptions is an option for functions such as Simplify, Refine, and Integrate that specifies default assumptions to be made about symbolic quantities."

"Assuming[assum,expr] evaluates expr with assum appended to $Assumptions, so that assum is included in the default assumptions used by functions such as Refine, Simplify, and Integrate."

Apparently Eigensystem[] has, as yet, not come within in the ambit of "functions such as".

Best regards,

MATTHIAS BODE
S 17.36398, W 66.21816,2'590 m. AMSL.