Topic: New Method in proof that No Perfect Cuboid is constructible #1499
Correcting Math

Replies: 30   Last Post: Feb 11, 2014 2:20 PM

timro21

Re: New Method in proof that No Perfect Cuboid is constructible #1499
Correcting Math

On Saturday, 1 February 2014 19:32:53 UTC+10, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
> New Method in proof that No Perfect Cuboid is constructible #1499 Correcting Math
>

> Sorry, I cannot go to bed when I have a math proof on my mind. So I took a hot shower, which works wonders for me in clear thinking.
>

> I could not find anyway of relating a Space Diagonal to Face Diagonal in one triangle of a cuboid; and to separate that triangle from any other common triangle. So, clearly I need a different figure of geometry. This reminds me of the FLT proof garnered after I looked at Beal and realized I do not need triangles or angles, but rather rectangles.
>

> So, here is the proof that No Perfect Cuboid can be constructed
>

> Take any cuboid that has integer edges and integer face diagonals.
>

> We can look at the diagram on this website:
>

> http://www.algebra.com/algebra/homework/Rectangles.faq.question.674558.html
>

> Now that is a picture of a cuboid that is 6, 8, 24, with face-diagonal of 8sqrt10 and space-diagonal of 26.
>

> Now, place an identical cuboid on top of the one in the picture. Now we see the rectangle formed from the face-diagonals as that of 6 x 8sqrt10.
>

> Now we see the figure formed by the Space-diagonals is not a rectangle but rather a parallelogram with angle theta.
>

> The area formula for parallelogram is Area = B*C*sin(theta).
>

> In other words, the sin(theta) will deliver to me the fact that if one diagonal is integer, the other diagonal must be irrational due to the sin(theta).
>

> Now, also notice that the parallelogram formed by the Space diagonals of the two cuboids stacked one on top the other is embedded inside the larger rectangle of 12 x 8sqrt10.
>

> So, I have the two diagonals embedded in one another, one in a rectangle, the other in a parallelogram. It is here, where I can show that if the one is integer, the other, due to the sin(theta) must be irrational. I am too tired at the moment and will continue tomorrow.
>

> QED
>

> --
>

> Recently I re-opened the old newsgroup of 1990s and there one can read my recent posts without the hassle of mockers and hatemongers.
>

> https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!forum/plutonium-atom-universe
>

> Archimedes Plutonium

sine(theta) can take ALL values between -1 and 1, including ALL rational values in thus range, eg 2/3, 37/52, 129/200, etc

Date Subject Author
2/1/14
Read New Method in proof that No Perfect Cuboid is constructible #1499
Correcting Math
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
2/2/14
Read Re: New Method in proof that No Perfect Cuboid is constructible #1499
Correcting Math
timro21
2/2/14
Read Re: New Method in proof that No Perfect Cuboid is constructible #1499 Correcting Math
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/2/14
Read Re: New Method in proof that No Perfect Cuboid is constructible #1499
Correcting Math
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/3/14
Read when does sine and cosine ever have Rational values?? #1506
Correcting Math
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
2/3/14
Read Re: when does sine and cosine ever have Rational values?? #1506 Correcting Math
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/3/14
Read Re: New Method in proof that No Perfect Cuboid is constructible #1499
Correcting Math
gnasher729
2/3/14
Read Re: New Method in proof that No Perfect Cuboid is constructible #1499
Correcting Math
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
2/3/14
Read Re: New Method in proof that No Perfect Cuboid is constructible #1499
Correcting Math
Peter Percival
2/3/14
[...]
2/4/14
Read Re: New Method in proof that No Perfect Cuboid is constructible #1499
Correcting Math
gnasher729
2/4/14
Read Re: New Method in proof that No Perfect Cuboid is constructible #1499 Correcting Math
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/7/14
Read Re: New Method in proof that No Perfect Cuboid is constructible #1499
Correcting Math
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/7/14
Read Re: New Method in proof that No Perfect Cuboid is constructible #1499
Correcting Math
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/11/14
Read Re: New Method in proof that No Perfect Cuboid is constructible #1499
Correcting Math
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/9/14
Read Re: New Method in proof that No Perfect Cuboid is constructible #1499
Correcting Math
gnasher729
2/10/14
Read Re: New Method in proof that No Perfect Cuboid is constructible #1499
Correcting Math
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/3/14
Read Re: New Method in proof that No Perfect Cuboid is constructible #1499 Correcting Math
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/3/14
Read That Australian posting sci.math maniac; tested to see if he has XYY chromosomes
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
2/3/14
Read Re: That AP is a fucking moron cunt
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/9/14
Read Re: New Method in proof that No Perfect Cuboid is constructible #1499
Correcting Math
byron