Topic: New Method in proof that No Perfect Cuboid is constructible #1499
Correcting Math

Replies: 30   Last Post: Feb 11, 2014 2:20 PM

gnasher729

Re: New Method in proof that No Perfect Cuboid is constructible #1499
Correcting Math

On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 12:40:13 AM UTC, Wizard-Of-Oz wrote:

> I don't see that that will lead to anything terribly useful unless one
> can prove that the list is inifinite which means there is no odd perfect
> number. But I can't see that there is a way to prove that it is
> inifinite or not OTHER THAN be proving there is no odd perfect number.
> So I can't see that it would help us arrive at such a prove, rather it
> would be a consquent of it being proven.

It's an interesting question on its own. How often do we get numbers that are how close to being perfect? Are there any odd numbers x other than x = 1, 3, 5 and 9 where the difference between the sum of divisors of x and 2x is less than 6? There are a few where the difference is exactly 6. Are there values k where the difference between the sum of divisors of x and 2x is less than k infinitely many times? If yes, which k?

Date Subject Author
2/1/14
Read New Method in proof that No Perfect Cuboid is constructible #1499
Correcting Math
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
2/2/14
Read Re: New Method in proof that No Perfect Cuboid is constructible #1499
Correcting Math
timro21
2/2/14
Read Re: New Method in proof that No Perfect Cuboid is constructible #1499 Correcting Math
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/2/14
Read Re: New Method in proof that No Perfect Cuboid is constructible #1499
Correcting Math
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/3/14
Read when does sine and cosine ever have Rational values?? #1506
Correcting Math
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
2/3/14
Read Re: when does sine and cosine ever have Rational values?? #1506 Correcting Math
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/3/14
Read Re: New Method in proof that No Perfect Cuboid is constructible #1499
Correcting Math
gnasher729
2/3/14
Read Re: New Method in proof that No Perfect Cuboid is constructible #1499
Correcting Math
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
2/3/14
Read Re: New Method in proof that No Perfect Cuboid is constructible #1499
Correcting Math
Peter Percival
2/3/14
[...]
2/4/14
Read Re: New Method in proof that No Perfect Cuboid is constructible #1499
Correcting Math
gnasher729
2/4/14
Read Re: New Method in proof that No Perfect Cuboid is constructible #1499 Correcting Math
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/7/14
Read Re: New Method in proof that No Perfect Cuboid is constructible #1499
Correcting Math
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/7/14
Read Re: New Method in proof that No Perfect Cuboid is constructible #1499
Correcting Math
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/11/14
Read Re: New Method in proof that No Perfect Cuboid is constructible #1499
Correcting Math
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/9/14
Read Re: New Method in proof that No Perfect Cuboid is constructible #1499
Correcting Math
gnasher729
2/10/14
Read Re: New Method in proof that No Perfect Cuboid is constructible #1499
Correcting Math
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/3/14
Read Re: New Method in proof that No Perfect Cuboid is constructible #1499 Correcting Math
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/3/14
Read That Australian posting sci.math maniac; tested to see if he has XYY chromosomes
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
2/3/14
Read Re: That AP is a fucking moron cunt
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/9/14
Read Re: New Method in proof that No Perfect Cuboid is constructible #1499
Correcting Math
byron