Topic: An alternative Axiom of Infinity?
Replies: 41   Last Post: Feb 8, 2014 7:48 PM

Dan Christensen

Re: An alternative Axiom of Infinity?

On Monday, February 3, 2014 1:34:56 PM UTC-5, Peter Percival wrote:
> Dan Christensen wrote:

> >> Only those who choose the von Neumann definition. Zermelo didn't.
>

> > Again, as I also said there, get with the times, Peter. That was 106 years ago! Time to move on.
>

> And yet you quote with approval Cauchy (1789 - 1857) on 0^0.

Only because his recommendation is still widely used to today. Ask just about any educated person. On the other hand, as far as I know, your out-dated definition of the ZF successor function is now no more than a historical curiosity.

Dan
Visit my new math blog at http://www.dcproof.wordpress.com

Date Subject Author
2/1/14
Read An alternative Axiom of Infinity?
Dan Christensen
2/1/14
Read Re: An alternative Axiom of Infinity?
Peter Percival
[...]
2/4/14
Read Re: An alternative Axiom of Infinity?
Peter Percival
2/1/14
Read Re: An alternative Axiom of Infinity?
Dan Christensen
2/2/14
Read Re: An alternative Axiom of Infinity?
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
2/3/14
[...]
2/8/14
Read Re: An alternative Axiom of Infinity?
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
2/1/14
Read Re: An alternative Axiom of Infinity?
THE COLONEL
2/1/14
Read Re: An alternative Axiom of Infinity?
Dan Christensen
2/3/14
Read Re: An alternative Axiom of Infinity?
Joon Gibson
2/4/14
Read Re: An alternative Axiom of Infinity?
Dan Christensen
2/2/14
Read Re: An alternative Axiom of Infinity?
Dan Christensen
2/3/14
Read Re: An alternative Axiom of Infinity? FORMAL PROOF
Dan Christensen