Topic: Wm mis-explains what he means by a Binary Tree
Replies: 3   Last Post: Feb 5, 2014 3:40 PM

Ben Bacarisse

Re: Wm mis-explains what he means by a Binary Tree

WM <wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de> writes:

> Am Mittwoch, 5. Februar 2014 02:40:36 UTC+1 schrieb Ben Bacarisse:
>> WM <wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de> writes:

>> > Of course.
<snip>
>> So the construction need not define the set of paths.
>
> The construction defines all sets of nodes. If every path is a set of
> nodes, then the construction defines every path.

It defines the tree so, implicitly it defines the paths, but there are
paths not in the set used in the construction. You've agree that this
is true regardless of what countable set it used to construct the tree.
Thus no countable set of paths includes all the paths in the tree that
it constructs (provided it covers every node).

We are in agreement: your students can prove what you claim to be false.

<snip>
--
Ben.