Topic: § 424 Actual Infinity: We never get it - but
we get it!

Replies: 25   Last Post: Feb 10, 2014 4:29 PM

wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de

Re: § 424 Actual Infinity: WM never gets it - but w
e get it!

Am Sonntag, 9. Februar 2014 23:52:44 UTC+1 schrieb Virgil:
> In article <9aaef2db-1112-4669-a85f-fa02af5dd183@googlegroups.com>,
>
> WM <wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de> wrote:
>

> > > WM displays his incompetnce to all the world in his postings here, and
>
> > > eveyone here seems to find him incompetent. Perhaps he hides it at work.
>

> > My position has been firmly published in all my books.
>

> I am familiar with several widely used and respected calculus texts in
>
> English all of whch explicitly accept actually infinite sets.
>
> Sevral editons of Apostol, for example.
>

> In fact, in all my several shelves of math books, I do not find any
>
> which reject the actuality of infinite sets.

This is not a question of majority but of consistency.

Regards, WM

Date Subject Author
2/6/14
Read Re: § 424 Actual Infinity: We never get it - but
we get it!
Ben Bacarisse
2/7/14
Read Re: § 424 Actual Infinity: We never
get it - but we get it!
Roland Franzius
2/7/14
Read Re: � 424 Actual Infinity: WM never gets it - but we get it!
Virgil
2/7/14
Read Re: � 424 Actual Infinity: WM never gets it - but we get it!
Virgil
2/8/14
Read Re: � 424 Actual Infinity: WM never gets it - but we get it!
Virgil
2/8/14
Read Re: � 424 Actual Infinity: WM never gets it - but we get it!
Virgil
2/9/14
[...]
2/10/14
Read Re: § 424 Actual Infinity: WM never gets it - but w
e get it!
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
2/10/14
Read Re: � 424 Actual Infinity: WM never gets it - but we get it!
Virgil
2/9/14
Read Re: § 424 Actual Infinity: WM never
gets it - but we get it!
YBM
2/10/14