Topic: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Replies: 160   Last Post: May 28, 2014 6:58 AM

gnasher729

Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.

On Saturday, February 8, 2014 7:27:27 AM UTC, thenewc...@gmail.com wrote:
> I have never posted on these groups before, as I have read the comments, and it is clear to me that a lot of ignoramuses (mainly college professors and students) post their rot here. All the same, it's a big group and I'll wet my feet a little.
>
> Starting at the following link, I expose the idiot Georg Cantor and his delusional theories in a 5-part series:
> Here I systematically debunk Cantor's Diagonal Argument:
>
> http://www.spacetimeandtheuniverse.com/math/4507-0-999-equal-one-503.html#post26556

From that post:

"Cantor's Diagonal Argument is a fake for many reasons. The first is Cantor's starting point which assumes that you can list all the "real" numbers. "

1. Clearly someone doesn't understand what a proof by contradiction is.
2. Clearly someone doesn't understand that if you cannot list all the "real" numbers, then they are uncountable by definition. So even if Cantor is wrong, he is right.

But somehow the argument - especially the ridiculous mistakes made - remind me of some other poster...

Date Subject Author
2/8/14
Read Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Robin Chapman
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
A Nony Mouse
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Bart Goddard
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Bart Goddard
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Bart Goddard
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Bart Goddard
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/9/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Bart Goddard
2/9/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/9/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Bart Goddard
2/9/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument [>> abuse@mtn.co.za; www.saps.gov.za [International Crime Dept] 197.79.28.18
Port563
2/10/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument [>> ab...@mtn.co.za;
www.saps.gov.za [International Crime Dept] 197.79.28.18
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/10/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument [>> ab...@mtn.co.za; www.saps.gov.za [International Crime Dept] 197.79.28.18
Bart Goddard
[...]
2/11/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument [>> ab...@mtn.co.za; www.saps.gov.za [International Crime Dept] 197.79.28.18
Bart Goddard
2/10/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument
Virgil
[...]
2/18/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
5/27/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
5/28/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Tommy Jensen
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
William Hughes
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
William Hughes
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
William Hughes
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
2/8/14
Read Re: Rebunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Virgil
[...]
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
2/11/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/11/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Bart Goddard
2/11/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/11/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Bart Goddard
2/18/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/18/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Tucsondrew@me.com
2/18/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/18/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Tucsondrew@me.com
2/19/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/19/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Tucsondrew@me.com
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Ben Bacarisse
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/9/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Jim Burns
2/9/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/9/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Dirk Van de moortel
2/9/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Dirk Van de moortel
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/9/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Dirk Van de moortel
2/9/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/9/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Rotwang
[...]
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
2/11/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Virgil
2/13/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/20/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Brian Q. Hutchings
5/28/14
johngabriel2009@gmail.com
[...]
THE COLONEL
2/9/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/9/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
THE COLONEL
2/9/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/9/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
byron
2/18/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/18/14
Read Delusional Cantor... yet another contradiction.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/18/14
Read Re: Delusional Cantor... yet another contradiction.
Tucsondrew@me.com
2/18/14
Read Re: Delusional Cantor... yet another contradiction.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/18/14
Read Re: Delusional Cantor... yet another contradiction.
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/18/14
Read Re: Delusional Cantor... yet another contradiction.
PianoMan
2/19/14
Read Re: Delusional Cantor... yet another contradiction.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/18/14
Read Re: Delusional Cantor... yet another contradiction.
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
2/19/14
Read Re: Delusional Cantor... yet another contradiction.
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/19/14
Read Re: Delusional Cantor... yet another contradiction.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/19/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/24/14
Read Debunking Cantor - 101.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/24/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor - 101.
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/24/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor - 101.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/24/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor - 101.
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/24/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor - 101.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/24/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor - 101.
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/24/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor - 101.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/24/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor - 101.
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/24/14
Read Cantor mapping challenge - for delusional mathematics professors and
their dimwit followers.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/24/14
Read Re: Cantor mapping challenge - for delusional mathematics professors and their dimwit followers.
[...]
2/26/14
[...]
Read your shit doesn't stink like ... I can't really place it
Brian Q. Hutchings
5/13/14
Read Re: your shit doesn't stink like ... I can't really place it
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
5/17/14
Read Re: your shit doesn't stink like ... I can't really place it
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/24/14
Read Re: Cantor mapping challenge - for delusional mathematics professors and their dimwit followers.
Giddy Armstrong
2/26/14
Read Re: Cantor mapping challenge - for delusional mathematics professors
and their dimwit followers.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/24/14
Read All of Cantor's delusions in one place!
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/24/14
Read Re: All of Cantor's delusions in one place!
Peter Percival