Topic: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Replies: 160   Last Post: May 28, 2014 6:58 AM

gnasher729

Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument [>> ab...@mtn.co.za;
www.saps.gov.za [International Crime Dept] 197.79.28.18

On Monday, February 10, 2014 12:52:28 PM UTC, Bart Goddard wrote:

> Two things wrong here. First, you started it with
> your "ignoramous" and "moron" etc. You've done nothing
> but spit venom. Now you're whining because you've been
> caught in a lie? Want some French Cries with your
> Waaahmburger?
>
> Second, you don't seem to be able to distinguish between
> childish name calling ("moron", "ignoramous", "idiot")
> and actual accusations. That you lied about never posting
> here before is a hard and verifiable fact.

Bart, this is all a psychological problem. There are people who think they are mentally equipped to talk about mathematics, but they are not. I posted two simple little arguments that totally rip his whole case apart, but he cannot understand them. It doesn't make any sense to him. My arguments make as much sense to him as the other way round, that is, exactly none. So to him, refusing his arguments looks like a personal attack. If I wrote that 2+2=4 and you insisted that it is five and called me stupid, I _might_ suspect that there is a problem in your personality. And that exactly is the problem that this poor soul has with _everyone_. He must get paranoid, because everyone seems out to get him. In his view.

He may have tried to avoid what he sees as a personal persecution by posting under a different name and claiming he never posted here before. The problem is of course that while valid mathematical arguments don't let you figure out who posted them (any at least half sane person could post that 2+2=4, so it doesn't tell you anything about the poster), his bizarre arguments are unique enough to make him recognisable immediately.

I am told the same thing can happen in music, where some people are completely tone deaf. The sing totally out of tune, and cannot hear it. If others complain, they must see it as a personal attack, because they cannot actually hear the difference between their own singing and that of a more-or-less talented singer. So here we have a case of "tone deaf for mathematics". Which isn't the same as not knowing mathematics.

Date Subject Author
2/8/14
Read Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Robin Chapman
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
A Nony Mouse
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Bart Goddard
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Bart Goddard
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Bart Goddard
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Bart Goddard
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/9/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Bart Goddard
2/9/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/9/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Bart Goddard
2/9/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument [>> abuse@mtn.co.za; www.saps.gov.za [International Crime Dept] 197.79.28.18
Port563
2/10/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument [>> ab...@mtn.co.za;
www.saps.gov.za [International Crime Dept] 197.79.28.18
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/10/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument [>> ab...@mtn.co.za; www.saps.gov.za [International Crime Dept] 197.79.28.18
Bart Goddard
[...]
2/11/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument [>> ab...@mtn.co.za; www.saps.gov.za [International Crime Dept] 197.79.28.18
Bart Goddard
2/10/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument
Virgil
[...]
2/18/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
5/27/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
5/28/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Tommy Jensen
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
William Hughes
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
William Hughes
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
William Hughes
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
2/8/14
Read Re: Rebunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Virgil
[...]
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
2/11/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/11/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Bart Goddard
2/11/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/11/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Bart Goddard
2/18/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/18/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Tucsondrew@me.com
2/18/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/18/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Tucsondrew@me.com
2/19/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/19/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Tucsondrew@me.com
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Ben Bacarisse
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/9/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Jim Burns
2/9/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/9/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Dirk Van de moortel
2/9/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Dirk Van de moortel
2/8/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/9/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Dirk Van de moortel
2/9/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/9/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Rotwang
[...]
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
2/11/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Virgil
2/13/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/20/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
Brian Q. Hutchings
5/28/14
johngabriel2009@gmail.com
[...]
THE COLONEL
2/9/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/9/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
THE COLONEL
2/9/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/9/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
byron
2/18/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/18/14
Read Delusional Cantor... yet another contradiction.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/18/14
Read Re: Delusional Cantor... yet another contradiction.
Tucsondrew@me.com
2/18/14
Read Re: Delusional Cantor... yet another contradiction.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/18/14
Read Re: Delusional Cantor... yet another contradiction.
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/18/14
Read Re: Delusional Cantor... yet another contradiction.
PianoMan
2/19/14
Read Re: Delusional Cantor... yet another contradiction.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/18/14
Read Re: Delusional Cantor... yet another contradiction.
ross.finlayson@gmail.com
2/19/14
Read Re: Delusional Cantor... yet another contradiction.
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/19/14
Read Re: Delusional Cantor... yet another contradiction.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/19/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor's Diagonal Argument.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/24/14
Read Debunking Cantor - 101.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/24/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor - 101.
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/24/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor - 101.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/24/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor - 101.
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/24/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor - 101.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/24/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor - 101.
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/24/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor - 101.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/24/14
Read Re: Debunking Cantor - 101.
Wizard-Of-Oz
2/24/14
Read Cantor mapping challenge - for delusional mathematics professors and
their dimwit followers.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/24/14
Read Re: Cantor mapping challenge - for delusional mathematics professors and their dimwit followers.
[...]
2/26/14
[...]
Read your shit doesn't stink like ... I can't really place it
Brian Q. Hutchings
5/13/14
Read Re: your shit doesn't stink like ... I can't really place it
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
5/17/14
Read Re: your shit doesn't stink like ... I can't really place it
Brian Q. Hutchings
2/24/14
Read Re: Cantor mapping challenge - for delusional mathematics professors and their dimwit followers.
Giddy Armstrong
2/26/14
Read Re: Cantor mapping challenge - for delusional mathematics professors
and their dimwit followers.
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/24/14
Read All of Cantor's delusions in one place!
thenewcalculus@gmail.com
2/24/14
Read Re: All of Cantor's delusions in one place!
Peter Percival