Topic: Matheology § 430
Replies: 38   Last Post: Feb 16, 2014 12:26 PM

wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de

Re: Matheology § 430

Am Dienstag, 11. Februar 2014 02:40:00 UTC+1 schrieb Ben Bacarisse:
> Virgil <virgil@ligriv.com> writes:
>

> > In article
>
> > <0.badff9cd58e763832502.20140210203334GMT.8761omoggx.fsf@bsb.me.uk>,
>
> > Ben Bacarisse <ben.usenet@bsb.me.uk> wrote:

> >> <snip>

> >> "Die Menge der reellen Zahlen ist R = { x | x besitzt eine
>
> >> Dezimaldarstellung }"
>

> >> From "Mathematik für die ersten Semester" by Prof. Wolfgang Mückenheim,
>
> >> Oldenbourg Verlag München, 2011, ISBN 978-3-486-70821-9.
>

> > So WM speaks with forked tongue ( but we already knew that).
>

> > A decimal representation of a real number must be terminating here but
>
> > can be non-terminating there.
>

> He did say that this definition "cuts a sorry figure" but that's not
>
> exactly the same as "it's wrong" is it?

It is exactly the same cautious care as if you tell your two-years-old daugther that the Christmas-presents have been delivered by Santa Claus.

Later in life and my book things get corrected.

Regards, WM

Date Subject Author
2/10/14
Read Re: Matheology § 430