Replies: 1   Last Post: Feb 15, 2014 11:23 AM

Richard Strausz

> Bob
>
> On Feb 10, 2014, at 10:34 AM, Richard Strausz
> <Richard.Strausz@farmington.k12.mi.us> wrote:
>

> > This wasn't from Dan.
>
> But it was Dan?s three-act approach to evading the
> teaching of algebra being used, wasn?t it?

That's your spin. I choose to look at it as a problem which motivates the teaching of algebra itself.

> > It is true that the internet is full of great
> algebra problems. Would you suggest a few of them
> that I might be able to use with my students?
>
> If we both agree that the internet is full of great
> algebra problems then finding internet problems isn?t
> the need, is it? Teaching teachers are to use the
> problems and prepare students for the problems is the
> need.

Okay then: at your convenience, find a problem that you like from the internet. Tell us what the problem is and how you would teach it if you had a classroom.

> Bob Hansen

Richard