Topic: Notifying user à la Outlook
Replies: 8   Last Post: Mar 11, 2014 9:51 AM

Yair Altman

Re: Notifying user à la Outlook

"Eric Sampson" wrote in message <le098k$7o7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Luc Le Blanc" wrote in message <le0145$e5g$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > I need to notify the user certain computations need to be re-done after changes he/she made. A message box is annoying because it needs to be dismissed. A message in a status bar at the base of the main window would need to be cleared but relevance is hard to determine. A better option would be a notification à la Outlook, as when you receive a new e-mail: a message pops up and disappears by itself after 1-2 s. Is there such a feature in Matlab?
> >

> > --
> > Luc Le Blanc

> If you emailed Yair Altman, who maintains the excellent 'Undocumented MATLAB' blog (http://undocumentedmatlab.com/), I bet he could give you some example code on how to create a Java balloon tip using MATLAB's ability to create Java components...

Thanks for the serve...
Of course it's possible: http://undocumentedmatlab.com/blog/setting-system-tray-popup-messages/
http://mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/23299-systray-set-get-system-tray-icons-on-your-computers-desktop

Yair Altman