Topic: Controlling actual print graphics size....
Replies: 1   Last Post: Feb 20, 2014 4:23 PM

dpb

Re: Controlling actual print graphics size....

On 2/20/2014 9:55 AM, dpb wrote:
> I've been trying to make a pattern for a stencil to redo markings for
> heat ranges on the old welder. They're spread over a distance of
> somewhat less than the 10" length of the overall silkscreen area which
> seemed like ought to be able to get onto an 11" page w/ the half-inch
> hard margins at bottom/top.
>
> I tried

...[code elided for brevity]...

> This makes a nice-looking figure on screen. To print, I then used the
> Export Setup menu, set the figure size in inches to a vertical height of
> 10" and checked the "Expand axes to figure" button and did a test print.
> It comes out with the vertical axis about 8-3/8" instead of 10" and
> centered on the page vertically (leaving roughly 1-1/4" top/bottom).
> I've had no luck managing to change that result.

OK, what I've discovered...

Looking at the Placement information in the Print Preview window I
discover that the "Export Setup" changes above don't get reflected
therein. Why making the change to "inches" and a size there with "Auto
(Actual Size)" checked doesn't cause the position to reflect that I
don't know but had to set it manually there to a margin and height
desired. _Then_ the expected-size output does appear.

So know the question is --

Anybody know less labor-intensive way to achieve same result?