Topic: The construct " " is ambiguous in this context; use of end notation for loaded variables
Replies: 4   Last Post: Feb 21, 2014 4:12 PM

dpb

Re: The construct " " is ambiguous in this context; use of end notation
for loaded variables

On 2/20/2014 5:40 PM, Jeff wrote:
> I have switched over to use of newer versions of MATLAB and I am getting
> the error message
> "The construct "v(...end...)" is ambiguous in this context,
> because "v" cannot be ascertained to be either the name of a variable
> or of a function. To make it a variable, assign to it; to allow it to
> become a function at execution time, replace "end" with a call to
> LENGTH, SIZE, or NUMEL on the desired array."
>
> This is always from scripts that have worked in past versions of MATLAB.
> They are loading the variable (v in the above error message) that MATLAB
> is complaining about from a *.mat save file. How can I force MATLAB to
> run the scripts with use of the "end" shortcut notation for variables
> loaded from *.mat save files?

I think we need to see a sample construct that generates the missive.

What is the new release, btw? Have you checked the release notes to see
if the revised behavior is mentioned?