Topic: Two questions about a possibly new geometry theorem
Replies: 3   Last Post: Mar 24, 2014 4:27 PM

G. A. Edgar

Re: Two questions about a possibly new geometry theorem

In article <230320141501525018%edgar@math.ohio-state.edu.invalid>,
Alastair Black <abqab.gm@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a good source to definitively determine whether
> a particular plane geometry theorem is 'new'?

Definitive, no.

> Is there a good place to publish such a theorem if it
> is indeed 'new'?

A friend of mine (J. M. Unger) published in "Forum Geometricorum",
http://forumgeom.fan.edu

Unger, J. Marshall,
A new proof of a "hard but important'' Sangaku problem.
Forum Geom. 10 (2010), 7?13.

Prof. Unger specializes in Japanese.  The paper deals with some Sangaku
problem in plane geometry.  But when he was asking mathematicians where
to publish something in plane geometry, we really knew no place.  Until
this one came to light.  This journal is published at Florida Atlantic
University.