Topic: Re: How science shaped modern 'rejection of religion'
Replies: 3   Last Post: Apr 4, 2014 2:30 AM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India

Robert Hansen (RH) posted Apr 2, 2014 5:30 PM (http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=9426790):

> On Apr 2, 2014, at 3:14 AM, kirby urner
> <kirby.urner@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > (Kirby Urner): Public schools are under tremendous
> > pressure to
> > distribute a bovine blood byproduct that is not good
> > for you, but which US agriculture produces in surplus
> > and the USDA is controlled by big industries, the
> > diary industry being a giant.

> (RH) You are saying that milk is bad for you?
>
> Bob Hansen

Well, I don't know whether "milk is bad for you" - but certainly the widespread belief that "milk is good for you" appears to have huge commercial interests pushing it.

I observe that Kirby Urner has responded to RH's qustion with some acute reasoning - shall be reading and trying to understand (the "implications" of) all of that. Certainly the fact of 'lactose intolerance' amongst human beings should be reckoned into our 'systems'. But I believe there is much more than that at play, as I try to show below:

What 'fundamental right' do we humans have to force cows to be our 'milk providers' on a commercial scale?

Question: Why not breed female human beings instead to become our 'milk providers'? Ah, that would be slavery!

Much (practically all??) of our societal structure is tied up, I believe, with the profoundly false notion that "We humans are the MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE!"

This is a fable out of which we do need to grow (if we are to avert that 'slide into the abyss' awaiting just just beyond). Perhaps it is already too late for us now.

As to how this (growing out of the "MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE!" fable) is to be accomplished, I'm afraid I do not know.

GSC

Message was edited by: GS Chandy (added phrase in brackets re. "implications")