Topic: Write a book review, earn $250
Replies: 5   Last Post: Apr 17, 2014 4:13 AM

Paul

Re: Write a book review, earn $250

On Wednesday, April 16, 2014 3:36:08 PM UTC+1, dull...@sprynet.com wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Apr 2014 08:07:38 +0100, Robin Chapman
>
> <zen165943@zen.co.uk> wrote:
>

> >On 16/04/2014 07:42, Vincent Granville wrote:
>
> >> Dr. Granville will offer 4 awards ($250 each) for selected book
>
> >> reviews published on the Amazon page where his new data science book
>
> >> is listed. Reviews must be published by June 30, 2014; we will select
>
> >> the four reviews that we like best.
>

> >The only review so far is at
>
> >http://www.amazon.com/product-reviews/1118810082/ref=cm_cr_dp_syn_footer?k=Developing%20Analytic%20Talent%3A%20Becoming%20a%20Data%20Scientist&showViewpoints=1
>

> Look again - there are three more, talking about the fact that he's
>
> offering money for reviews.
>

> Suriously some people seem to have a problem with that.
>

> >Is Mr/Ms/Dr Chang in line for Dr Granville's 250 bucks?

On the other hand, your own Complex Made Simple has 3 reviews (averaging over 4 stars). [I own a copy but have read literally no more than about 3 pages, out of laziness/busyness, not because there was anything wrong with the 3 pages I did read].

Three reviews does seem few, although I don't know what the norm is. Still, I see a fix for this. Simply offer $1000 for positive reviews instead of $250, and retitle the book "Complex Made Profitable".

Paul Epstein