Topic: A simple characterization of well ordering?
Replies: 1   Last Post: Apr 17, 2014 2:18 PM

Aatu Koskensilta

Re: A simple characterization of well ordering?

Arturo Magidin <magidin@member.ams.org> writes:

> I can prove the converse using the Axiom of Choice, and I suspect that
> you will need the Axiom of Choice to prove it in full.

What you need here is in fact perhaps the most obvious application of
the principle of dependent choice.

Aatu Koskensilta (aatu.koskensilta@uta.fi)

"Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen"