Topic: RE: Radicals and rational expressions
Replies: 16   Last Post: May 9, 2014 2:57 PM

Vivian Fischer

From: Tully, NY
Registered: 1/10/14
Re: Radicals and rational expressions
att1.html (22.3 K)

Gene,

Yeah I understand that they would need to simplify the radical for the
quadratic formula. I taught just simplifying radicals. I did not do any
operations. I just told them that like divides like. You can't divide a
non radical into a radical. Maybe I should have taught them more but I was
more concerned about hitting all the standards and saving any time where
possible. I am already into reviewing for the CC regents.

The only mention of a simplifying radicals was in the clarifications. I
didn't see any mention of it any where else.