Topic: trapezoid clarification
Replies: 53   Last Post: Jun 20, 2014 5:56 PM

Roberta M. Eisenberg

Re: trapezoid clarification
att1.html (15.3 K)

My bad!

But now that I think about it, I should have said that a parallelogram is a special type of trap ? the kind with two pairs of // sides.

The question about isosceles trapezoids that someone raised in this thread, particularly about the base angles, has been on my mind. I can?t remember how that was dealt with back in the early 60s when I taught that honors geom class I mentioned the other day. In order to keep the thm. about the base angles, the def of isos. trap would have to say that it is a trap with only one pair of // sds.

What a can of worms this def. is!

Bobbi
On May 18, 2014, at 8:36 PM, Kathy Noftsier <mathkat@twcny.rr.com> wrote:

> Wouldn't that be a parallelogram is a special type of trapezoid. Under this definition all parallelograms would be trapezoids but not all trapezoids would be parallelograms?
>
> Kathy Noftsier

Date Subject Author
5/17/14
Read trapezoid clarification