Topic: Does anyone out there have any info?
Replies: 14   Last Post: Jun 18, 2014 12:41 PM

Vivian Fischer

From: Tully, NY
Registered: 1/10/14
Re: Failures in year one of 2 year Algebra
att1.html (3.4 K)

I taught the first year of the the 2 year Algebra course last year. I
failed a few kids. One is in the 1st year again. One of them we sent to
regular one year Algebra instead. It kind of depends on the kid. If their
skills are not that great we make them take it again. If their skills are
okay but they are just not completing work we send them to regular 1 year
algebra.

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 12:56 AM, Kathy Noftsier <mathkat@twcny.rr.com>
wrote:

> The teacher doesn't "let them fail". It's the same teacher they have
> for 8th grade and she advances them "passing" or not.

Ms. Vivian Fischer
7-12 Mathematics Teacher
Tully Jr./Sr. High School
20 State Street