Topic: Re: Learning new concepts Vs. Creating new concepts (math/other disciplines)
Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Learning new concepts Vs. Creating new concepts (math/other disciplines)

Further my post dt. May 24, 2014 5:42 PM (http://mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?messageID=9471100?):

<snip>
> I have never created 'a new concept in math'.
>
> However, I have indeed created 'a new concept' in
> systems science: the 'One Page Management System'
> (OPMS).

Especially for the kind advice of Professor Wayne Bishop and others of his ilk:

NO CLAIM IS BEING MADE HERE that the new concept I created (the 'One Page Management System' [OPMS]) is anywhere near as significant in the world of ideas as are the ideas created/ developed by people like Andrew Wiles, Grigoriy Perelman (and long before that by Bernhard Riemann, Isaac Newton, Wilhelm Leibnitz and other such intellectual giants).

This disclaimer is put in here because Professor Bishop once had the gall to suggest that, in a message I had posted here at Math-teach (about Grigoriy Perelman and the Riemann Conjecture, I believe), I was comparing myself to Perelman! (Some ridiculous ideas to that effect)

GSC

Message was edited by: GS Chandy