GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Learning new concepts Vs. Creating new concepts (math/other
disciplines)

Further my post dt.May 24, 2014 9:16 PM (http://mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?messageID=9471294?):

A Math-teach participant has asked me privately to justify my charge against Wayne Bishop:

> Especially for the kind advice of Professor Wayne
> Bishop and others of his ilk:
>
> NO CLAIM IS BEING MADE HERE that the new concept I
> created (the 'One Page Management System' [OPMS]) is
> anywhere near as significant in the world of ideas
> as are the ideas created/ developed by people like
> Andrew Wiles, Grigoriy Perelman (and long before that
> by Bernhard Riemann, Isaac Newton, Wilhelm Leibnitz
> and other such intellectual giants).
>
> This disclaimer is put in here because Professor
> Bishop once had the gall to suggest that, in a
> message I had posted here at Math-teach (about
> Grigoriy Perelman and the Riemann Conjecture, I
> believe), I was comparing myself to Perelman! (Some
> ridiculous ideas to that effect)

Here is a link to the specific message from Wayne Bishop:

"Re: hilbert's third problem", posted (by Wayne Bishop): Aug 8, 2013 10:40 AM, http://mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?forumID=206&threadID=2584782&messageID=9188769#9188769.

GSC