Topic: Welcome to sci.math -- Disclaimer 06-05-14
Replies: 18   Last Post: Jun 6, 2014 9:33 PM

quasi

Re: Welcome to sci.math -- Disclaimer 06-05-14

Rolazaro Azeveires wrote:
>Dan Christensen wrote:
>>
>>Here you will find much lively discussion on mathematical
>>themes, some of it quite enlightening. I find it a constant
>>source of inspiration.
>>
>>There is no moderator here. So, anyone, regardless of their
>>mathematical background, can post their opinions here

Opinions?

What a strange word choice.

Seems like an open invitation for new cranks to enter the fray.

>>-- some far outside the mainstream of accepted mathematical
>> thought to say the least.
>>
>>Yes, we seem to have our share of cranks and trolls, but
>>they can usually be spotted by their immoderate, often abusive
>>language.

Not the right criterion.

>Are you really going to do this? A *daily* warning? Aren't you
>adding a spammer to the "cranks and trolls", no matter how well >intentioned you are?

Furthermore, by such postings, he suggests that he himself is
_not_ a crank.

>If you do I'll have to filter out your messages,

I've just added "Dan Christensen" to my kill file.

These daily "disclaimer" posts were the last straw for me.

quasi