Topic: PCT output data transfer
Replies: 3   Last Post: Jun 25, 2014 12:19 PM

Yair Altman

Re: PCT output data transfer

"Sujit Das" <SujitRDas@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Thanks Edric. That is very insightful. Yes, we realize that data serialization does happen during transfer. We have also encountered the limit of 2 GB ( I believe) in 64-bit workers during serialization.

Information on Matlab's serialization/deserialization can be found in the following article:

The interesting point there is that we can use Matlab's builtin serialization/deserialization functions in order to programmatically transfer or store any Matlab data, however we wish in our programs (e.g., over the network etc.). The builtin functions have a 2GB data limit, hence the data transfer limit of that size that you've mentioned. Using the builtin functions can sometimes have a dramatic positive effect on performance, as I explained in the article.

Note: this is undocumented and not officially supported. If it blows up in your face, don't complain...

Yair Altman