Topic: Why do so many of us hate math?
Replies: 174   Last Post: Jul 24, 2014 2:21 AM

Wayne Bishop

Re: Why do so many of us hate math?

At 10:13 AM 7/6/2014, Joe Niederberger wrote:

>Note the confessions of people like Wayne who says "I ain't got no
>rhythm" (or something like that, sorry if I misquote.) Well, he had
>it at one point.

Such tongue-in-cheek "confessions" pale by comparison with quite
serious, unapologetic, and accurate confessions of the type, "I never
was any good at math." Amazingly, this includes administrators,
teachers of mathematics, and even district "experts" in the teaching
of mathematics. The collective mathematics education of our
precollegiate students should come as no surprise.

Wayne

Date Subject Author
Anna Roys
GS Chandy